10 great things to do1 walking -
enjoy a leisurely stroll around the village or venture a little further with one of our walking maps. Walk to nearby Bedoin and back via the quarries and forested lanes and paths: our favourite short walk. But remember to take some water and protect yourself from the sun and/or Mistral.2 pampering -
indulge yourself with a facial or healing olive body massage in our Provence Santé mini-spa. Take a look at the menu in our mini-spa section. 3 cycling
- go for a spin on one of our new Trek hybrid bikes. Detailed route maps are available from the Centrale. Explore the surrounding vineyards and villages of the Ventoux or, for the very fit, have a go at the “Géant de Provence”, nearby Mont Ventoux. Inscribe your name and elapsed time in our Coureurs du Ventoux” record book.4 antiques
- take the pretty drive to l’Isle sur la Sorgue for great antiques (weekends only) or Aix en Provence for art and paintings. In l’Isle, don’t miss lunch at the Jardin du Quai where the great and good of the local antiques world congregate.5 markets
- visit one of the colourful markets which can be found every day of the week within half hour’s drive of Crillon le Brave. Bedoin's Monday market is one of our favourites; it’s authentic, bustling and nearby! Vaison-la-Romaine on Tuesdays and Carpentras on Fridays are good alternatives. Ask for a list of all of the local markets, and be sure to get there early; markets always finish around noon.6 wine tasting -
see our good friends at nearby Domaine du Tix to try the local Ventoux wines or head out further by car to La Nerthe in Châteauneuf du Pape. With famous wine names such as Gigondas, Vacqueyras, and Beaumes de Venise nearby, the choice is endless.7 exploring by car
- venture further by taking a drive around the magnificent Dentelles de Montmirail or the trendy Lubéron with one of our driving routes. It will give you a good feel for the wider region and its sights, and we can recommend a great place to stop for lunch as well.8 local artisans
- discover some of the regional talents who exemplify the spirit and raditions of Provence. Madame Vigier's delightful cheese shop in Carpentras, and nougatiers, Pierre et Philippe Silvain in St.Didier are just two of our favourites.9 history & culture -
explore 2,000 years of history and civilisation. The Roman imprint is still present today, in the ruins of Vaison-la- Romaine, at Orange’s spectacular amphitheatre and further afield at St Rémy’s Glanum. During the 14th- century, the “Great Schism” in the church created the Avignon papacy. They lived the high life and built their enormous palace to last.10 end of day
- and now
... if the weather obliges ... find a quiet place on our terrace, watch the sun cast its fading light on the contours of Mont Ventoux and enjoy a nice glass of Ventoux rosé or Bardouin pastis. Welcome to Provence!
"What’s not to love about the rustic charm of Crillon le Brave."